Widgetized Section

One Green Place eyes expansion

Wilmslow-based energy assessment company, One Green Place, is planning for expansion following increased demand due to the launch of the Green Deal.

Green Deal is the Government’s strategy to improve the energy efficiency of the UK’s homes by offering loans for home improvements, paid back through savings on energy bills. One Green Place is one of only 58 approved Green Deal Assessment companies and has been inundated with home assessment bookings since the launch of Green Deal two weeks ago.

The company has already taken more than 6,000 assessment enquiries and is also working with three of the sixteen Green Deal delivery partner housing associations in Manchester, as part of the Department for Energy and Climate Change (DECC) Go Early Green Deal.

Annmarie Blomfield, (pictured) managing director of One Green Place, said: “Demand for Green Deal home assessments has been enormous and people like the fact we offer a free online home energy survey, which gives them an idea of the home improvement measures their property will need ahead of a home assessment.

“We have already added more than 20 people to our customer services team this month to meet demand and we’re actively looking to increase our national panel of energy assessors from 300 to 700.”

One Green Place offers an independent Green Deal home assessment for £115 which outlines the energy saving measures which will have the biggest impact on reducing energy bills. Green Deal home improvements can only proceed once a payment plan has been created following an assessment.

Annmarie added: “We have been providing energy performance certificates to homeowners and estate agents for six years and have a network of surveyors right across the country.

“However, demand for Green Deal home assessments has been so great we are in the enviable position of looking to expand the team at our Wilmslow headquarters. The Government is committed to making the Green Deal a success and early indications are that it will be hugely popular.”

Posted 1:48 PM Tuesday February 12, 2013. Filed under Business,Business News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response to this entry.

18 Responses to One Green Place eyes expansion

1. Joe Smith Reply

July 25, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Havent they just sacked half of the work force this morning after losing a contract?

• Regan Reply

July 25, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Our reporter checked. They said they were all temps and this was part and parcel of that particular contract industry.

2. Adele swift Reply

August 15, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I’m the Talent Manager from One Green Place and would like to reassure readers that out of a workforce of 84 people we ended 9 temporary workers. There were no job losses and we are actively still hiring in certain areas. The reduction of a temp workforce was because of contract changes and efficiencies in our system. The reason we use temp contractors at times is to support the ebbs and flow of our seasonal business fluctuations

3. Brian Reply

December 4, 2015 at 4:49 pm

1 GREEN PLACE
    Up till today (4-12-2015) this company was going to fit a new Boiler under the government scheme TODAY we have now been told unless WE PUT UP scaffolding at our own cost they will not put boiler in as i live in a upstairs flat . If i lived on the ground floor they could do it . They told me the date boiler was going to be fitter was 30-11-2015 , they phoned on on 26-11-2015 at 1735 to say their fitter had phoned in ill and they would phone me asap when their instillation team could do it had to phone them myself to find they would only fit if we supply the above . They took a deposit a the other month as this was what i had to pay towards the scheme

4. Bian as aboth Reply

January 26, 2016 at 11:48 am

YET again 1 Green Place has let me down , Boiler was supposed to be fitted on the 25-01-2016 , Had to phone one the day to find out why the installer team had not arrived to fit boiler ,spoke to John in the office and he said he would find out , a while later he phoned me back to say that the installer was ill and could not fit any time that week ,phoned John today and he can not tell me when new boiler can be fitted . It has all been payed for and all conditions met including flu which they said was faulty . Disgruntled Pensioner .

5. Nicola Martin Reply

February 7, 2016 at 10:49 am

Please do not use 1 green place!!! I have never ever used a company that is as bad as these!!! 4 weeks without proper heating or hot water in January is a disgrace!!! They are full of crap and i wish i had never got involved with them!1 furious mum!!!

6. Stephen Reply

April 18, 2016 at 11:54 am

I was told all along the of the process that I would only have to pay at most £350 if I did not get the governments full grant. Long story short made my home available to them got someone to be at every part of the way. Had one survey the man fell out of the loft then the firm that was to install survey told me a straight forward job nothing extra and he worked out the cost to me to be £300. Fine overjoyed at that. Week later 1greenplace phoned me and ashed was I ready to make my contribution I asked how much they told me £1154.00 and if I could not afford it they could setup FINANCE for me.The point of this scheme I told them was because we could not afford to pay that sort of money and finance was out of the question as I have no money that is why we need the grant! I now feel gutted at wasting so much time and hope and feeling that we might be able to afford the gas to run a more efficient boiler as we can’t at present. what a ripoff it is for me just another form of getting you into debt with finance company and sharing in the interest payments. Don’t be fooled and yes I asked at the beginning if the £350 would be all I had to pay.I was told “it could be possible that I may pay less”

7. Sarah Reply

June 24, 2016 at 10:08 am

Stephen… I had the same experience from 1 green place but they told me I had to pay 1200 which is a big jump from 350. I can buy a boiler for 600 quid and get fitted for 600quid so what are the goverment actually funding. They are funding 1green place not us. No help at all !!!

8. John Reply

July 5, 2016 at 4:03 am

Please please do not use 1 green place. Boilers are fully funded by energy companies due to the Eco obligation. This company is claiming from the government as well as customers. It is unacceptable that a company is setting up finance packages for customers, who cannot afford to pay back and above all the boiler is funded 100percent by government funded scheme.

9. Tarquin Devere Reply

August 5, 2016 at 2:56 am

It sounds to me like 1GreenPlace is about to go bankrupt. I had a promise from one of their Customer Sales reps that if I had payment ready by Monday 8th August that the installation would go ahead (I had already had the Energy Performance Certificate). I rang them yesterday to say I was ready to transfer payment and was told that the Customer Sales rep who got me a good deal was “on holiday” and that all reps had been told last Wednesday (27 July 2016) that their was a freeze on all new installations including for CUSTOMERS WHO HAD ALREADY PAID! So their word, far from being their bond, is not worth a pitcher of warm spit.

I requested an e-mail confirmation of the situation and got this:

Hi Mr Tarquin
    Due to unforeseen circumstances we currently have a delay progressing applications due to coverage issues. This delay is currently estimated at a minimum of 4-5 weeks and we apologies (SIC) for the inconvenience this may cause. We will be back in touch with you as soon as possible to progress your application if you so wish.

Many thanks,
    The 1Green Place Admin Team

For a government-backed scheme this ECO business is a real quagmire. I am so sad that pensioners are getting sucked in because they feel that it is the only way that they can be guaranteed hot water in the coming winter. There does not appear to be an ombudsman that you can go to when problems arise.
    After a lot of runarounds I found out the following: Put “free boiler” into Google and all links that come up are to agencies making money by leading you to installers. http://www.boilergrants.org.uk/ has a lot of useful info but in the end they make their money in the same way.
    The Energy Companies Obligation (ECO) scheme will probably end in March 2017 (It has to do with the European carbon emissions industry). There is only one independent and impartial organisation in this field: The Energy Saving Advice Service (call 0300 123 1234). and they should be your first port of call. In order to have some recourse if (when?) things go wrong, deal with one of the big six energy companies directly rather than an installer that alleges that they are registered with or sponsored by a big six company. I wish a happy and warm winter to all pensioners.

10. John calderhead Reply

August 23, 2016 at 3:58 pm

I am owed just under £5700 as an installer for 1 green place and have not been contacted in anyway shape or form by anybody representing the company to tell me when I’m getting my monies owed, I haven’t even had an apology for the very late and well overdue amount.
    For all my weeks of hard work,funding materials travelling expenses and paying apprentices I’ve had nothing in return, not even a thank you…
    So AnnMarie Blomfield when are you paying me?

11. Marcos Reply

August 26, 2016 at 8:35 am

We were all sacked and were were permanant staff, we were told we would be paid at the end of the month for the whole month and we did not get paid, we have been conned and no one should do business with these direcetors, annematie blomfield and james dodd!

12. Lesley Matthews Reply

September 7, 2016 at 10:28 am

I am a DEA and have done EPC’s, eco work, green deal assessments etc for 1GP for several years. I have invoices from June and July which remain unpaid and like John Calderdale above I have received no communication about what is going on. If anyone knows who to contact regarding getting our monies please let us know

13. The Landlord Shop Reply

September 8, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Yes I’m afraid we are in the same boat though I am only owed for one job. Contact numbers don’t seem to be in use now so I think they have gone bust.

I contacted the company about the outstanding invoice but it wasn’t paid. Now I can’t get hold of anyone.

Let’s hope Ann Marie Blomfield doesn’t arise in another company to rip engineers off. Certainly one to keep an eye out for.

14. Nick castle Reply

September 17, 2016 at 9:01 pm

I was taken on the books as an installation engineer back in may 2016. I was given a van , tools and materials. I did a months work fitting boilers. I then took a fornights holiday, when I returned I had no work. After speaking to the office I was told that we were all on stop for a few weeks and that we would be paid, and to sit tight. ( we were owed alot of money from e-on.!..)
    After 4 weeks of waiting, I was contacted by the insolvency team to tell me of their liquidation.!.
    Hence no job, no money.!..

15. Steve Reply

September 27, 2016 at 9:45 pm

Came to a swift dead end with 1GP trying to get a survey/boiler .
    Called NPower,had an Eco survey done,had pre installation survey done ,had a new Baxi boiler fitted completely FOC 23 Sept (straight forward like for like boiler replacement) took about 6 weeks from start to finish . All surveys and installation completed by Dyson energy services

16. Kenny Reply

September 30, 2016 at 8:06 pm

We fitted over 40 boilers for this company and have been done out of nearly £10,000 . Ann Marie Bloomfield did not return any of our calls or emails. She will try to start up another business so everyone be on the look out for this FRAUDSTER. She should be able to n Watchdog as a rogue trader as she has ripped off so many people.

17. John Woodcock Reply

October 14, 2016 at 10:14 am

I’m owed £507 for EPCs lodged in June and July. I chased them up in early August to be told they were waiting to be paid by a large customer of their own (a not improbable tale) and they would pay me ‘by the end of the week! 8 weeks ago. Apart from a letter from the insolvency practice asking how much I was owed I’ve not heard a thing.